Job Title: VFX / Special Effects Artist
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for special effects artists, passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effects for games. Successful applicants will be passionate, self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
We’re looking for at least 2 years’ game industry experience – with at least 1 year of experience as a VFX Artist – and experience of a full production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, multi-tasking to meet various production objectives for multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment
- Expert Adobe Photoshop ability
- Expert-level of understanding for particle systems, post processing effects.
- Excellent understanding and implementation skills of in-game special effects
- 3D modelling, and 2D particle texture creation skills
- Knowledge of 3d Studio Max an advantage
- Understanding of lighting and HDR an advantage
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to email@example.com
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!