Job Title: Games Analyst
Rebellion Oxford are now looking for a Games Analyst to look at our data and use statistical analysis to let us know where we can make improvements to help our games reach their full potential. A unique opportunity to actively improve our Facebook, browser/online and mobile/iOS titles. We’d like to know more about what our players are doing, where they get stuck and what they want to do more of, so we’re looking for someone who loves statistics as well as keeping their finger on the gaming pulse.
Qualifications & Experience:
A strong academic background is preferred, with a degree in mathematics, economics, statistics, science or similar. Games industry experience is not essential but you must have some experience with quantitative analysis, for example at degree level or for a technical company.
- Collect, statistically analyse and interpret player behaviour data
- Identify and communicate key trends and potential development improvements
- Monitor, evaluate and communicate the effect of ongoing game changes
- Streamline and improve data collection and analysis methods
- Market research into game features such as item pricing
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments to ensure available data is understood and put to its best use
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Excellent mathematical and analysis skills with good working knowledge of statistical analysis methods and tools
- Excellent Excel skills preferably including pivoting capabilities, macros, and analysis modules
- MySQL or SQL skills would also be an advantage, along with the ability to query complex large data sets
- Good understanding of different game features and ability to query data in order to evaluate ongoing player behaviour and interests in relation to these
- Articulate and able to communicate data results and related conclusions effectively to staff from multiple departments
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- A genuine interest in playing games
How To Apply
To apply for this job, or register your interest for future jobs, please apply by email to email@example.com
remember to include your CV, completed application form (click here to download
) and portfolio link.
Rebellion can only consider applicants who can provide examples of their work, and who can legally work in the UK.
In addition to practical skills, all successful applicants are:
- Team players, with good communication skills
- Capable of taking direction
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Passionate about games!